Since Christmas is round the corner the mood for celebrations has started building up. Families have stepped out to do their Christmas Shopping. Happy people have filled up the famous tourist destinations and plans are chalked out. Any Christmas celebration is incomplete without Christmas treats.
Most of us by now have figured out how and with whom are we spending our Christmas. In case of all the social animals who have got your plans with your gang sorted and want to make your time merrier and sweeter, here are some Christmas treats and delicacies that you can make with all your love for your dear ones.
Shower all the love and affection that you have towards your loved ones through the amazing Christmas treats. Most importantly, all of these are easy to make and will please the taste buds of anyone who has them. So, lets take a look at the amazing Christmas treats.
Mass- Paav or Marzipan
A delicious treat made of nut paste, milk, sugar and egg whites. You can channelize your artistic side while cooking delicious Marzipan by giving it creative side.
Christmas is incomplete without a plum cake. A plum cake is not just a Christmas treat but it get along with it the Christmas sentiment.
Chocolate Walnut Fudge
Christmas treats and chocolate is a match made in heaven. Chocolate walnut fudge, like the Plum Cake is a traditional Christmas treat in many cultures. Find the detailed recipe for this Christmas treat here.
Fresh Guavas are used in the preparation of Guava Cheese. It is a chewy, fudge like Christmas treat. So, without any further delay check out the recipe for Guava Cheese. This is one of the specialties from Goa. Perade is another name for Guava cheese.
Kulkuls are also famous as sweet curls. They are quite popular Christmas treats and are made all over India. Kulkuls are believed to be originated from Goa and are a variation of filhoses enroladas, which is a famous Portuguese delicacy.
To update yourself with different Christmas traditions around the world click here.
Pizzadilla: A Unique Twist To Quesadilla
Pizzadilla? Yes, you heard it right! A Pizzadilla is taking any and all of your regular favourite pizza toppings folding them into a tortilla shell in place of pizza dough. A unique twist to your regular chicken quesadilla. Pizzadilla isn’t just a quesadilla filled with mozzarella and chicken. It looks like a real pizza with all the cheesy toppings of a pizza stuffed into a fast, easy, and crispy quesadilla. You can make it easily at home and within minutes. Moreover, find a recipe of a regular chicken quesadilla.
Recipe of pizzadilla:
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- 1/3 c. pizza sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c.shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c.freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 c.sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat broiler. In a large oven-safe skillet/frying pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add one tortilla to skillet and spread about half of pizza sauce on top.
- Spread garlic on top and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, Parmesan, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.
- Top with the second tortilla and cook until cheese is melty and tortilla is golden.
- When ready to flip, cover skillet/frying pan with a large plate and invert skillet/frying pan to transfer quesadilla onto a plate, then slide quesadilla back into the skillet/frying pan, cooked side up.
- Top with remaining pizza sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.
- Place skillet/frying pan under the broiler and broil until cheese is melty and pepperoni is crispy about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
REGULAR CHICKEN QUESADILLA
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 2 c. shredded Monterey jack/ White Cheese
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet/frying pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with spices, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 flour tortilla to skillet/frying pan and the top half of the tortilla with a heavy sprinkling of both pieces of cheese, cooked chicken mixture, pepper-onion mixture, a few slices of avocado, and green onions.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook, flipping once, until golden, 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat to make 4 quesadillas.
- Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream.
OTHER INGREDIENTS TO ADD
There are a plethora of ingredients you can add according to your preference. Here are some other great combinations:
- Ham and pineapple
- Sausage, red pepper, and red onion
- Pepperoni, mushroom, and green pepper
- Spinach, mushroom, and feta
- Bacon, ham, and pepperoni
- Chicken, tomato, and bbq sauce
- Spinach and artichoke
Add cheese as much as you like!
How To Make Mayonnaise At Home With Simple Ingredients
Mayonnaise is a delicious, thick creamy dressing layer that is eaten with sandwiches, momos, and fries. No matter how many varieties of mayonnaise are available out there, mayo made at home is the most fresh. There is Veg Mayonnaise Simple, Veg Mayo Garlic, Veg Mayo for Burger, Mayonnaise Classic, Mayonnaise Chilli, Veg Mayonnaise Tandoori, Veg Mayonnaise Green Mint, Veg Mayonnaise Olive Oil, and so on.
For once, skip the store for you mayo needs and learn how to make mayo from home right now! In less than 10 minutes, you will have a thicker, creamier, and fresher mayo made at home!
Note the Ingredients:
2-3 Eggs Yolks
1/4 cup of oil
With the ingredients listed above, you can make mayonnaise at home. You can either use a hand whisk or a food blender/processor for easy emulsion.
- Add the eggs yolks to the bowl and remove the whites. Make sure you whip the eggs very well so that when oil is added, it settles in well. Yolk adds as a thickening agent to keep the richness of the mayo alive.
- Seasonings such as salt, mustard, pepper and other spice according to your preference can be added to yolks. Mix it well so that the flavors get dissolved in the batter.
- Now, add basic refined oil or you can even use olive oil for the batter. The most important thing to do in the step is to be careful about the amount of oil being added. Add oil, little by little, while whisking continuously. Make sure the thickness is retained with every time oil is added.
- A teaspoon of lemon juice must be added in the sauce to add a tangy flavor. This will also help the sauce to thin out a little and sauce-like.
- The mixture should appear off-white or slightly yellow.
- For storage purposes, airtight container or any tight container will suffice.
- Refrigerate until you use it next.
Best Mughlai Eateries In Nizamuddin, Delhi
Delhi has a vast history with street food that goes back hundreds of years. The capital city of India was a heavenly abode for all food lovers, from the lanes of Chandni Chowk to the streets of Hauz Khas. There is a common belief that the best street food is located in Purani Dilli. However, long before the streets of Old Delhi, lies Hazrat Nizamuddin, a much wider lane that is less noisy and overcrowded at all times. Also, it is a place that houses the famous Nizamuddin Dargah, where eternal peace can be found. Not only that, Nizamuddin is also famous for its relevance to the food and architecture of Mughals. Moreover, many Bollywood films have been shot in these best Mughlai eateries.
Ghalib Kebab Corner
This 40-year-old restaurant is situated near Dargah and attracts many food lovers. Try their shami kebab, chicken kebab, and mutton tikka and be certain you’ve tried one of the best kebabs. Within your mouth, the crispy kebabs will melt as soon as you take the first slice.
One of the most well-known locations in Nizamuddin is the notorious Hussaini Hotel. Featured in Rockstar, the famous Hindi film, this place has one of the best Nihari and Tandoori Rotis at very cheap prices, too. They serve a special biryani which is served every Thursday and Saturday. Moreover, it is one of the best Mughlai eateries in town.
Kit Care Kebab Corner
You must visit this spot, which smells of kebabs, for delicious and melt-in-your-mouth snacks. The wide range of the menu provides you with a lot of choices to choose from. Further, don’t be disappointed if you are a vegetarian, as it also has some excellent vegetarian kebabs.
If you are a hygiene freak and can not afford to pose a danger to your health with eateries on the roadside, head to Al-Quresh to give you safe dining experience. This air-conditioned restaurant has a proper seating arrangement for fine dining. Also, it is best known for its kormas and gravy dishes.
Popularly known as ZeN, this restaurant has a variety of kebabs and is run by 11 women. All these women are from Nizamuddin Basti, which has a culinary heritage and is 700 years old. They also have a good range for all the vegetarians with paneer tikka, soya kebab and Hara Bhara kebab.
Even if you are not a sweet dish enthusiast or a dessert guy, the kheer from Nasir is a must-try for all. The sweet dishes made in this shop can not be found anywhere else. Moreover, they will leave a long-lasting impression on your taste buds, served in little earthen pots.
Manpasand Nahari Roti Wale
This popular restaurant specialises in Nihari, Nalli Nihari. Also, Khameeri Rotis and Mughal dishes as well! The restaurant serves the finest and authentic Mughlai dishes and has to be a visited one while you are Nizamuddin.
Entertainment3 days ago
Poonam Pandey’s Husband Sam Bombay Arrested For Assaulting Her Just 13 Days After Their Wedding
Travel2 days ago
Countries Where Indians Cannot Travel To
Entertainment3 days ago
Kim Kardashian Moving Ahead With Plans To Divorce Kanye West
Entertainment5 days ago
Anurag Kashyap Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
Lifestyle3 days ago
Bhagyashree’s Two-Ingredient Hair Mask
Lifestyle1 day ago
Ice-Water Bath: All You Need To Know
Entertainment5 days ago
Fabulous At 40: Sneak Peek Into Kareena’s B’day Celebration
Lifestyle5 days ago
How To Make Herbal Sanitizer At Home