For all the sweet-tooths here, you know you can never say ‘no’ to a succulent sugary dish. We have a special place for exotic berries in our heart. Be it, Raspberries, Goji Berries, Strawberries, Bilberries, Blueberries or Acai Berries, we are fond of a scoop of any berry in our desserts. Eating these berries with yogurt is a great idea as well. Pies are of two types: Sweet Pies and Savoury Pies. Sweet pies may be filled with fruit (as in a plum pie), nuts (pecan pie), brown sugar (sugar pie) or sweetened vegetables (rhubarb pie). Savoury pies may be filled with meat (as in a steak pie or a Jamaican patty), eggs and cheese (quiche) or a mixture of meat and vegetables (pot pie). There are a variety of pies that can be made easily. We have a great recipe for making a blueberry pie at home.
If it’s not bursting with blueberries, it’s not worth it.
- all-purpose flour for dusting work surface
- pie dough for double 9-inch pie crust, chilled
- 2 1/2 pints (5 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar + extra for sprinkling on top
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water (for egg wash)
- Butter a 9-inch pie pan for making the blueberry pie.
- For the crust: Roll out half of the dough to 1/8-inch-thick circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a 9-inch buttered pie pan, trim, leaving about 1/2-3/4 inch overhang. Cover the crust with a plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. If making a full top crust, roll out the remaining half of dough into a circle approximately 1 inch larger in diameter than the pie pan, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add lemon juice and milk. Then, whisk it.
- Then, add 4 tablespoons of flour, whisk until smooth. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Add blueberries, and stir to coat. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Pour into prepared bottom crust.
- Brush the rim of the crust with the egg wash, place the top crust on, trim to 1/2 inch larger than the size of the pan, and crimp together edges with fingers to seal the bottom and top crusts, or weave strips of dough to create lattice top, crimping edges to seal. If the dough seems soft and warm, cover the top with plastic wrap and chill pie in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes. (Pie can also be tightly wrapped (airtight) with plastic wrap and placed in a large plastic zip-top freezer bag and frozen for up to 2 months.)
- Brush crust with the egg wash, sprinkle lightly with sugar and place pie on a baking sheet or baking stone on the bottom rack and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375-degrees F and transfer pie (on a baking sheet) to centre rack. Cover the rim of pie crust with foil. Continue to bake at 375-degrees F until crust is golden and the filling is bubbling about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Check crust every 10 minutes or so, and if crust/lattice starts to brown too much, tent pie loosely with a piece of foil.
- Let cool to set and thicken before serving (if you can wait that long).
- Your blueberry pie is ready to be served.
Check Out our food category for more recipes.
What Your Favourite Food Says About You
Are you an extrovert? A risk-taker? A traditionalist? Don’t know? Here are some quirky facts about You and your personality that your favourite food indicates. Sounds a bit crazy, yes. But just read through the article and everything will begin to make sense.
If you put hot sauce on your hot sauce.
If your motto is “it’s not a meal if your lips aren’t burning,” then chances are you like to live on the edge, according to a study presented at the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Annual Meeting & Food Expo. Spicy foods set off pain receptors, which you’d think would be a deterrent to eating them, yet for some people, that’s the allure. The researchers found that people who love their food spicy hot are also adrenaline junkies, desiring novel and intense stimulation.
If your go-to happy food is pizza!
Pizza tops the list of favorite foods for many people. One reason you can’t resist a slice is that pizza is the most addictive food, according to a study published in PLOS One. The combination of fats and simple carbs makes the brain light up like a Christmas tree. But if you love that cheesy, crusty goodness, it also shows that you may be an extrovert, Kessler says. Pizza is the ultimate party food—convenient, cheap, feeds a crowd—which makes it the go-to dish for people who love to be surrounded by others.
If your favorite dessert is an ice cream sundae with a cherry on top.
“People who love ice cream often have a child-like innocence or a sense of wonder,” Kessler explains. Because there are so many options for toppings, cones, mix-ins, and variety, it gives you a feeling that anything can happen, which really appeals to those who love the mystery of life, she adds. And the cherry on top? You love to look for little, surprising moments of joy.
If your secret favorite meal is chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese.
Forget about fancy Gruyére macaroni and cheese or panko-coated chicken tenders—if you like your pasta straight from the blue box and chicken in a take-out carton, it means that you romanticize your childhood. You’re the one who calls your sister just to share a favorite story about that time the car broke down on the way to Disney.
If your idea of fast food is sushi.
Sushi is portable, convenient, bite-sized, and delicious—the ultimate “fast food” if you think about it. But a spicy tuna roll with wasabi is no burger and fries. Eating sushi as your favorite food-on-the-go shows that you’re sophisticated and open to a wide variety of experiences.
If your favorite accessory is your portable coffee mug.
If your outfit isn’t complete without a Starbucks cup in hand, and you can’t imagine how you’d survive without your daily coffee infusion, then you’re likely a classic type A personality. You’re likely competitive, impatient, and operate under a constant state of stress but you’re also highly organized, ambitious, and great at juggling a busy schedule.
You love gummi worms and everything alike!
Who doesn’t love a good sweet/sour combo? Yet there’s something particularly crave-worthy about those sour fruity candies, especially if you often feel conflicted or frustrated with your life, says Alanna Kessler, RD, a certified dietitian nutritionist in New York City and founder of Be Well. If you constantly crave the two flavors together it may indicate that you get overwhelmed easily but you’re also good at bringing balance back to your life.
Thanks for reading!
Also read- How cutting down on junk food is sustainable
And watch this video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1RFrSVOL4
Pizzadilla: A Unique Twist To Quesadilla
Pizzadilla? Yes, you heard it right! A Pizzadilla is taking any and all of your regular favourite pizza toppings folding them into a tortilla shell in place of pizza dough. A unique twist to your regular chicken quesadilla. Pizzadilla isn’t just a quesadilla filled with mozzarella and chicken. It looks like a real pizza with all the cheesy toppings of a pizza stuffed into a fast, easy, and crispy quesadilla. You can make it easily at home and within minutes. Moreover, find a recipe of a regular chicken quesadilla.
Recipe of pizzadilla:
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- 1/3 c. pizza sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c.shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c.freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 c.sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat broiler. In a large oven-safe skillet/frying pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add one tortilla to skillet and spread about half of pizza sauce on top.
- Spread garlic on top and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, Parmesan, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.
- Top with the second tortilla and cook until cheese is melty and tortilla is golden.
- When ready to flip, cover skillet/frying pan with a large plate and invert skillet/frying pan to transfer quesadilla onto a plate, then slide quesadilla back into the skillet/frying pan, cooked side up.
- Top with remaining pizza sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.
- Place skillet/frying pan under the broiler and broil until cheese is melty and pepperoni is crispy about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
REGULAR CHICKEN QUESADILLA
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 2 c. shredded Monterey jack/ White Cheese
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet/frying pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with spices, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 flour tortilla to skillet/frying pan and the top half of the tortilla with a heavy sprinkling of both pieces of cheese, cooked chicken mixture, pepper-onion mixture, a few slices of avocado, and green onions.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook, flipping once, until golden, 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat to make 4 quesadillas.
- Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream.
OTHER INGREDIENTS TO ADD
There are a plethora of ingredients you can add according to your preference. Here are some other great combinations:
- Ham and pineapple
- Sausage, red pepper, and red onion
- Pepperoni, mushroom, and green pepper
- Spinach, mushroom, and feta
- Bacon, ham, and pepperoni
- Chicken, tomato, and bbq sauce
- Spinach and artichoke
Add cheese as much as you like!
How To Make Mayonnaise At Home With Simple Ingredients
Mayonnaise is a delicious, thick creamy dressing layer that is eaten with sandwiches, momos, and fries. No matter how many varieties of mayonnaise are available out there, mayo made at home is the most fresh. There is Veg Mayonnaise Simple, Veg Mayo Garlic, Veg Mayo for Burger, Mayonnaise Classic, Mayonnaise Chilli, Veg Mayonnaise Tandoori, Veg Mayonnaise Green Mint, Veg Mayonnaise Olive Oil, and so on.
For once, skip the store for you mayo needs and learn how to make mayo from home right now! In less than 10 minutes, you will have a thicker, creamier, and fresher mayo made at home!
Note the Ingredients:
2-3 Eggs Yolks
1/4 cup of oil
With the ingredients listed above, you can make mayonnaise at home. You can either use a hand whisk or a food blender/processor for easy emulsion.
- Add the eggs yolks to the bowl and remove the whites. Make sure you whip the eggs very well so that when oil is added, it settles in well. Yolk adds as a thickening agent to keep the richness of the mayo alive.
- Seasonings such as salt, mustard, pepper and other spice according to your preference can be added to yolks. Mix it well so that the flavors get dissolved in the batter.
- Now, add basic refined oil or you can even use olive oil for the batter. The most important thing to do in the step is to be careful about the amount of oil being added. Add oil, little by little, while whisking continuously. Make sure the thickness is retained with every time oil is added.
- A teaspoon of lemon juice must be added in the sauce to add a tangy flavor. This will also help the sauce to thin out a little and sauce-like.
- The mixture should appear off-white or slightly yellow.
- For storage purposes, airtight container or any tight container will suffice.
- Refrigerate until you use it next.
Entertainment4 days ago
Better-Halves Of Our Stars Who Are Stinking Rich
Entertainment1 week ago
Poonam Pandey’s Husband Sam Bombay Arrested For Assaulting Her Just 13 Days After Their Wedding
Travel6 days ago
Countries Where Indians Cannot Travel To
Entertainment1 week ago
Kim Kardashian Moving Ahead With Plans To Divorce Kanye West
Food4 days ago
What Your Favourite Food Says About You
Lifestyle6 days ago
Ice-Water Bath: All You Need To Know
Lifestyle4 days ago
Beetroot Juice: Health Benefits And Side Effects
Lifestyle1 week ago
Bhagyashree’s Two-Ingredient Hair Mask